Appearance

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 07:00:24 EDT

inre dress, Gina writes:

>It all depends...
>On what works for the individual. :-)

    Yea verily!   After ruining enough clothes with dirt in the pianos, I
began wearing one piece jump suits with the business name over the pocket.
(Wear-Guard, about $27).   Customers love it, even strangers talk to me in
supermarket check-out lines, and there is always someone at a gas station
that expects me to fill their car up for them!  I write the cost off totally
as a business expense, of course.  I can also get dressed in about two
minutes, with no thought to "matching".  Fashion may or may not be my
strongest point.
    There is a curious juxtapostion between this "industrial"  appearance and
the preconceived notion of what "the piano tuner" should look like that tends
to let me start off with a clear slate.  I guess it makes a visually neutral
first impression and how things go depends on myself and what I say.  It
doesn't hurt that there was a  piano butcher in the area that always wore a
three-piece suit and played well enough to impress, for a while.
    I think the shoes are probably the most important part of any outfit,
though.  They gotta be either shined or, if your feet like the New Balance
shoes like mine do, clean as new.   And yes, I make sure that there are no
holes in the socks, ( but am I the ONLY person that has whacked my big
toenail into the front edge of a worn, sharp, damper pedal???)

 Then Gina writes:
>Of course, we Southerners are more casual today, especially since the influx
> of all the rest of the country who has recently discovered who wonderfully
> beautiful the South is. :-)

  Shhhhhhh!  Do you want all them infiltrators moving in?  Just let'em keep
on thinking that snow and slush is beautiful.  (:)}}
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT