Chick Corea (was Karl Ulrich Schnabel)

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:44:56 +0200

Actually I have had to opportunity to tune for Mr. Corea a number of
times over the past 20 years. At Molde Int Jazz Festival, Natt Jazz
in Bergen, and a couple non festival appearances here in town. He is
probably one of the easiest of big name stars to tune for that I
have had to attempt to please, and I have seen most of the jazz
greats come through through the years.

He is knows way more then the average pianist about our side of the
buisness, too the point of understanding how volitile a tuning
really is. He has an awful lot of respect for profesional
pianotechs.

No doubt you have to make sure you do a good job to please him, but
hey....thats what they pay us the big bucks for aint it. I would be
suprised if he would be against trying EBVT, as long as he knew
ahead of time what was going on. Course if you tried pulling the
wool over his eyes, I doubt that he would appreciate it much...:)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.