Chick Corea (was Karl Ulrich Schnabel)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:04:27 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/01 4:47:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
rbrekne@broadpark.no (Richard Brekne) writes:

> No doubt you have to make sure you do a good job to please him, but
> hey....thats what they pay us the big bucks for aint it. I would be
> suprised if he would be against trying EBVT, as long as he knew ahead of
> time what was going on. Course if you tried pulling the wool over his eyes,

It's not that I am out to deceive anyone as your phrase, "pulling the wool
over his eyes" implies although I understand that some people have perceived
it that way.  I have not, as a matter of fact tuned *any* piano for any
reason in ET for 12 years now (except for PTG Exam "Master" Tuning).  I have
used the EBVT as my default tuning for nearly 10 years.  I know Chick's music
would sound great in the EBVT because I tuned it on a piano at a Convention
once and invited Kent Swafford to play it.  He sat down and gave a stunning
rendition of some of Chick's music.

While most people seem to think they need to give a whole big spiel and
explanation with an offer to tune the piano "back" if the customer is not
satisfied, I hardly ever talk about what I do any more at all.  I just do it.
 I don't think I'll be having the opportunity to tune for this particular
artist any time soon, though so it's not anything I'll have to ponder.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin