tuning octaves using partials

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:31:09 -0500

On Monday, December 3, 2001, at 09:21 AM, Newton Hunt wrote:

>> Gary Mc wrote:
>>
>> How do I know if I'm tuning a 2:1, 4:2, or 6:3 octave? And why are
>> they used in different places.  How do I know when to use which one?

I recommend you purchase the PACE Lesson Plans on Tuning (lessons 1-12
in the first volume, lessons 13-26 in the second volume). These are $20
per volume for non members, $15 per volume for PTG members. They're
reprints of a series of articles written by Michael Travis, and they're
available from the PTG Home Office.
On Pitch by Rick Baldassin is another publication from PTG ($18 member,
$24 nonmember), which deals with the questions you're asking, with a
slightly more theoretical approach than Travis' .
Get both!

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available