agraffes on - agraffes off

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:33:29 -0600

>Yes, I knew that.  I just thought I'd take the opportunity to change the
>subject.
>
>Phil F

Why? These are reasonable enough questions without needing to be diverted.
I'm curious as to how both alignment and height are addressed by the
rebuilders out there in rewhatevering land. There are mentions of using
these shims for height adjustments, as well as alignment, but are
rebuilders actually going to that trouble or just hinting that they might
be without actually bothering? I'm asking who truthfully does what when
they change a set of agraffes. You know, the real stuff rather than the
dust jacket copy. If they use them for alignment, how do they manage that
when a 0.010" shim is 129.6° of reverse agraffe rotation? That's
0.010/((1/36)/360), or 50.4° apparent advancement with each shim if I did
it right. It they align agraffes with these 0.010 shims, do they even pay
any attention to height? The guys making their own shims are considerably
in the minority and don't have these limitations, but that still leaves the
height question for them. Those milling off the bottoms of the agraffe
shoulders for alignment get the same height question. So what are all you
rebuilders out there doing with those agraffes?
Ron N