Down-Bearing NICKED A NERVE!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 09:14:06 EST

Ron O said:
<<"When we inspect grand pianos for a
prospective rebuild, we take a straight edge with us to lay across
the top of the outer rim. If the board hasn't got crown it doesn't
get used.">>

<<"Seriously I come  up against this notion everday that hey,  the
board is perfect because it isn't cracked . . . (flatness accepted) .">>

So the question (s) are to Ron & Ron.........
1.) Describe what aural results you want out of a soundboard without
reference to geometrical shape.
2.) When you use the term "flat board" in what context is it used, loaded or
unloaded?
3.) Would a "flat" board which provided all the aural requirements, in No. 1
above, be rejected for use?

Jim Bryant (FL)