Warped Shanks

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:39:48 +0200

A point of note re the term "burning shanks"... in England I grew up with
the term "to cast a shank"... meaning to "turn" (as you would cast a sail).
It may be, depending on the dryness of the shank that you end up with odd
one or two having burn marks, but that is a result of the conditons, not the
direct intention of the exercise.

Brian Lawson, RPT
Johannesburg, South Africa

TEXOMA CHAPTER