Key Whakker

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 21:16:45 -0900

>Yes, it seems that the hammer felt absorbs left-over finger oil and grime.
>After a while the tip of my device leaves little fly specs of grime on the
>keys. Then I file the felt a little. Needless to say, my hammer gets quite
>flat after a while. I wish I could find something that wouldn't get grimy
>yet was soft enough to protect the keytops.

I used two bass hammers epoxied together for years until I lost it recently.
  Was desperate for something today, looked around and saw a pencil with a
big, fat, rectangular eraser.  Worked pretty good.  It was actually better
in some ways than my bass hammer thingee because the eraser was smaller and
it held to the keys better.  Only problem was that it was so thin it was
harder to grasp.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter
245-M Mount Hermon Rd.#343