Lube types

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:25:05 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Newton Hunt" <nhunt@optonline.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: February 14, 2001 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: Lube types

> VJ Lube has proven to be the longest lasting of all the stuf
> available.  Make it yourself, Vaseline, talcum powder and lanolin.
> Melrt the first, mix in the second until thick at the third, about 1/3
> the amopunt of the first, put in a film can and let cool.  Good stuff.

The only addition -- change -- I would make is to change the amount of
talcum powder to a half-and-half mixture of talcum powder and Teflon powder.
I call it VJ-T Lube. It works even better than the original.

Fill up a plastic 35 mm film can and you'll have enough for many a piano.

Del

(PS. I also used a motorcycle to transport myself and a limited quantity of
tools and materials around for piano servicing back in the 1970s. Great
fun.)