Charging overtime

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:08:57 EST

In a message dated 11/18/01 8:19:04 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@supernet.com
writes:

> Wim, I do have a question that logistically may make a considerable
> difference.  When you did your experiment as outlined below, who was there
> to answer the phone when customers called to schedule?  Do you give them
> your cell phone number, or did they call a secretary or office manager?

At the time of the experiment, which was in 1984, I had a small store and
workshop, and a secretary answered the phone and scheduled appointment. This
was also the case from 1995 until the January of this year. We also had an
answering machine that took messages in the evening. But from 1987 - 1995
(and again from February to August this year, after I closed my store), I
worked out of my house by myself. During that time I transferred my business
phone to me cell phone, and made appointments during the day. I found this to
be very convenient. It didn't take too much time away from my tunings. If I
knew the conversation was going to be long, I would ask the customer if I
could call them back later.

Wim