Keyboard frame question

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:43:45 +0200

Hello,
Thanks for responding,

Yes I was asking about that feet problem too.

I too have shimmed (wood) under the feet, but I am not sure If I was
correct.

Looking at the old action frame, the feet does not seem to be higher
anywhere (but the rails are open).

What I wonder is if the original setup when installing new wedges / new
action frame, or new wedges / new keyboard is perfectly flat, what is giving
the spring at the extremity of the keyboard ?
Is the underside of the rail thinned at the extremity (did not mesure, I
will tomorrow )?

The rail show saw marks, so it is somewhat flexible. I am assuming we don't
have to 'force ' on the extreme glide bolts (as for any one) in order to
have the extreme of the key frame showing his play.

Besides, I was told (by S&S techs) to make glide regulation without the
blocks installed, that could mean that I will have these two extreme bolts a
little lower, helping that springy contact between the front extreme
keyboard .
We try to have a firm contact there (under the front of key frame) so no
play (no knock) will install himself with times ?

Interesting idea to use minute Epoxy, Roger, do you mix some graphite powder
or Teflon in this, I may admit I would be afraid of squeaks or absence of
friction there, and minute epoxy is not very hard ?

Regards.

Isaac