Extracting Action Screw

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:12:27 EST

Hi List

Believe it or not after 15 years in the business, for the first time, I have
broken two action holding screws.  They are the cheap kind put in the
Wurlizer Spinets about the size of a #8 wood screw but about 5 inches long.
I have heard other people talk about breaking them but forgot the details.

They are broken off about an 1/8th an inch below the plate.  I think they are
too small and weak to be removed with a traditional E-Z- Out so;

1.  What is the best way to get them out and

2.  Where can I get a replacement screws that ware harder and so less likely
to break?

Thanks again for the help.

Dick Day
Marshall MI