Slick Key Bushings.

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:28:35 -0700

    Tommy,   I've heard and felt a tiny squeaking on a =
knuckle..........before I put teflon on it, but never after that. I've =
never heard of teflon causing squeaks on anything. Maybe you're thinking =
of the Steinway teflon bushings. And I thought the major complaint on =
those were "clicks". Micro-fine teflon is the greatest thing since =
sliced bread when it comes to knuckles, IMHO. There's still plenty of =
friction in the rest of the action so that the pianist will always have =
plenty of control.=20

    Just my two penny's worth.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bigeartb@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 3:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Slick Key Bushings.

  Gentlemen:
       I'm sure I am wrong about this BUT I thought teflon was causing =
major=20
  "squeeking" problems on newer pianos. (knuckles on hammer shanks)  If =
so why=20
  use it....OR....maybe teflon DOES NOT cause '"squeeking" problems. Any =
body=20
  know?  Where did I get my info...Schaff

  TommyBlack
  Decatur, Ala.