Fw: Re: Enough already!!

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 09:07:14 -0700

I sent this out yesterday morning and it hasn't appeared on the list yet.  Was it something I said???

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Meyer" <cmpiano@attbi.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Enough already!!

I don't really get too bothered by spam or junk mail.  I have both a delete button and a recycling bin.

HOWEVER!!!!! What really REALLY crumples my shorts is when I cut short a call on my business phone to answer my personal line to find no one there, a telemarketer or worse yet a recording.

I had a bad day yesterday.  I sold a nasty little console the day before (cheap) and he now called to cancel the deal because he thought the touch weight might be too high. AArrrggg!!!!

Then, my home phone rings and it's a recording listing an 800 number to call for money saving something or other.  I called the number and turned the air blue around the phone and so she called me rude.  They call uninvited and insult me with a recording and then call ME rude?

Someone suggested-just hang up.  I've done that and had a guy call right back to say we'd been cut off.  I said "It may just happen again".

Some suggestions:  Did you send me something in the mail?  Why yes I'm following up on it.  Well, I have a message for you-I don't mind junk mail, but I hate junk phone calls

I guess you're not qualified for a real job.

I've been getting as many a 4 calls a day that there's no one there.  They use a computer to call a bunch of numbers and when one answers the others are hung up.  The phone company put a trace on my line and found a few but some of the other phone companies wouldn't cooperate so they told me to contact the police dept and get a case number which I did.  Now the numbers are relayed to the police.  I doubt the police will do much.  They are too busy trying to prevent us law abiding citizens from protecting ourselves.

There is a number to call (haven't done it yet, but will) to be taken off calling lists.  It is 1-212-768-7277.  Telephone preference service c/o Direct Marketing Assoc. P.O. box 9014 Framingham NY,11735.  Supposed to last for 10 years, but may take up to 60 days to take effect.  Interesting,  we have the ultimate in fast communication but it takes them 60 days to talk to each other.  The pony express was faster.

I feel better.  Now back to more mundane pursuits.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com