Expanding Brackets

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:10:27 -0500

Jon:

Yes, some Wurlitzers had this problem.  As I understand it some have
been made by Samick but others by Young Chang.  I replaced a set of
brackets on a Wurlitzer about a year ago.  Unfortunately, Baldwin
filed for chapter 11 shortly after that, so I never got any money.  I
understand that Gibson bought the assets of Baldwin, not the company
itself so it has no obligation to warranty anything produced by the
Baldwin company.  In talking to a dealer he said that these might be
decided on a case by case basis, but they don't have any obligation
to stock sold by the Baldwin company.

See how a clever lawyer can get you the assets but not the
liabilities!

dave

On 4/12/2002 at 10:14 AM Jon Page wrote:

>I went to regulate an 11 year old Wurlitzer grand and it had all the

>symptoms of expanding brackets.
>
>I did not want to get into adjusting to have it deteriorate again.
Did
>Wurlitzer also have this problem?
>I don't recall who makes them. If YC, then I would say yes.
>
>The dealer from which it was purchased has gone out of business.
Anyone
>have the phone number
>for processing a claim if it goes to that?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jon Page,   piano technician
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
>mailto:jonpage@attbi.com