Steinway A

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:24:41 -0700

Did you guys miss the post? A 15 year old Walnut Steinway B is be =
donated and the A is going to be sold for funds for the sound =
system,etc. I don't know the difference, which would you keep? I dream =
of having a choice like that.
Keith R
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 11:10 AM
  Subject: Re: Steinway A

  In a message dated 4/14/2002 9:55:52 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
sharpa@comcast.net writes:

    Rich wrote
    If the church is upgrading, They should restore the A

  .  What are the going to upgrade the piano to?=20
     A better new piano would cost 3=20

    times what a proper rebuild on the A would cost.

including a new key set the rebuild cost could be 25 to30k. So I'm =
curious 3 times that? =3D 75K? There are many Stwys in Rebuiltt =
condition out there in this price range (30 to 40K) and nicely restored.
   =20
  And the list of better pianos is very short.

    If they truly don't want the A, what's the asking price?

                Regards
                Dale Erwin=20
                Piano Restorations

    Rich Pierro