Pitch Raising parameters

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:15:29 -0700

I have set my criteria for pitch raising at 5cents. Reason is I have found
that I, personally cannot get a stable, adequate tuning outside of that
parameter. Also, the next step is 25cents. If it's outside that parameter,
then another, (2nd), pass will be needed to get the piano in a balanced
condition in order to do a stable fine tuning. That's my parameters.
However, I think this may depend on the way you pitch raise, (ie aural vs
electronic, etc.) Of course, it's very difficult to ascertain 5cents,
6cents, etc., if you are strictly an aural tuner.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)