toys

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:04:07 -0600

Hi Wayne,

I don't use a sling....I do sometimes use a psychodyne. I.E. similar to a
sling but uses a little electric motor. There is parralax error do deal
with and 1/2 of one degree can only be guessed at. The difficulty is that
humidity is very difficult to caluclate once you have the raw data. To do
it truely accurately takes a masters level in math, which I don't have the
ability to acquire--I'm tooooooo dumb!

At the same time my measurements have shown that pitch does fluctuate 4
cents at A4 for each 5% of humidity change--provided the instrument is
stabilized at the new moisture level. This in the concert world is a huge
amount.

At 04:08 PM 4/17/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>> Hi Wayne,
>>
>> Humidity levels dramatically affect tuning stability. Record keeping is
>> useful for suggesting solutions to clients.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.