Charging for Pitch Raises

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:51:56 EDT

In a message dated 20/04/02 10:35:52 AM, Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

<< I  think no one need feel that their skills are somehow found in wont for
lack
of ability to raise pitch acurately in 15 minutes >>

I agree Richard........"pitch raise" and "accurate" are rather mutually
exclusive terms and although not totally exclusive they are close enough to
be unacheivable by all but the truly gifted among us. A pitch raise is not
intended to be "accurate" per se. The only purpose of a pitch raise is to put
tension on the strings, get the individual strings 'close' enough for a real
tuning and to make for discussion topics on p-tech :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)