More shop toys

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:58:10 -0700

As we continue on our journey toward a shop we purchased some new
equipment today.  Woodworkers Supply Company, our local tool and
equipment dealer, had a grand opening for their new store  today.  The
place was packed with people to see Scott Phillips give various
demonstrations, (host of "The American Wood shop" on PBS).  Numerous
manufacturers were on hand in the store and outside under tents along
with the free BBQ.

Anyway everything was marked down for the grand opening plus an
additional 10% for Saturday.  So off we went with checkbook in hand
looking for bargains.  We walked out with a huge 6" PowerMatic jointer.
The combined length of the in feed/out feed tables is over 5 1/2 feet
and it included two extra sets of knives.  We also picked up an
impressive full sized drill press with built in light.  It included a
free mortising attachment with three mortise bits/chisels.  I could have
easily spent a lot more money in there.  So many tools, so little time!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV