Piano Apartment

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:32:26 -0400

Greg, in the "piano room" where a 'D' and an 'SD' reside, along with about
80 chairs for the orchestra, is a permanently affixed-to-the-wall
de-humidifier. It drains to the outside. I don't know if your situation is
similar, but that de-humidifier is set and forgotten about. I don't
recommend putting humidity control on the piano unless you want to
continually change electrical plugs that get destroyed because they are
'left in' before moving....

If there's going to be stuff 'piled' on top of the pianos, a cover will be
necessary.

Shelf space should be easy to make up. In this 'Piano Room' there is a shelf
that comes off of one wall about 6' into the room. Actually, it is supported
on 3 of the walls and does not have any support from the floor. One of the
pianos fits nicely underneath it. This piano room has concrete construction
for all 4 walls, so in your case, you may want to consider braces from the
floor for added support of this shelf.

Random thoughts,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com