OFF LIST!!!Re: Songwriters, Temperaments (*was: neurology)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:14:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/26/02 7:59:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
jkanter@rollingball.com (Jason Kanter) writes:

> > People like me who use unequal temperaments are often accused of imposing
> our
> > own taste on the public ...  How is Susan's explanation of why she only
> > likes and uses ET any different?
>
> Susan doesn't seem angry, and she's not giving a tirade. Big difference.

Right.  My post was an angry, violent tirade and I go around abusing
everybody and imposing my own ridiculous, convoluted, twisted ideas on
everybody.  It drives everyone away and is a disgrace to the entire
profession.  I should be kicked off this list and out of PTG, be sued for
libel, slander and violating common law practice.  Once that is done, the
world will be able to return to peaceful bliss and harmony, of which ET
stands as a shining example and symbol.

Now that that's out of the way, what about the real question:  isn't the
arbitrary use of ET in fact imposing a specific set a values upon the public
without their informed consent?

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin