harmonica service

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:02:10 -0500

Had an inquiry from an elderly gent in my area if I knew anyone who
serviced harmonicas.  (Winnipeg, Manitoba , Canada ) Told him I would
check with my fellow PTG associates, and members. Up to a couple of
years ago, there was an acquaintance of mine who played a harmonica
professionally and was able to do very good work servicing and repairing
same. He did work for the well known Harmonicats, who sent their work to
him. Unfortunately, this fellow has passed away, leaving a large gap in
this particular field.  Any info. would be welcome, and passed on .
There are quite a number of older generation harmonica players in our
area, who need service.  I expect , that these people will have to send
their stuff away. I also
wonder, if the cost of service makes it practical, instead of purchasing
new??
 Carl/ winnipeg.