echoes in schidmayer upright

oren bendor obndr@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:32:19 +0100 (BST)

Dear Brian,

thanks for your quick help  I can answer 1 to 3 but
will need to check 4 at home and will need some
clarification to 5:.

 --- Brian Lawson <lawsonic@bdmail.co.za> wrote: > Hi

> 1) did it have this problem before the repair? yes
YES.  I thought that when damperfelts and springs are
replaced it will be over.  >

> 2) is it in the same place as before the repair
> THERE IS NO PLACE TO IT, the whole piano is like a
big resonance box.  I could not locate it.

> 3) is it in a place that has bad acoustics - clap
> your hand, does the room
> reverberate?  No. The accoustics is fine.  We had a
replacement piano during the restoration which posed
no problem.

> 4) if you press on a string towards the soundboard
> does the damper follow
> through?

WILL CHECK THAT.  The damping seems much better than
before but the echo is still there.
> 5) is there listing felt on the backstring lengths?
>
> WHAT ARE THE BACKSTRING LENGTH AND WHAT IS A LISTING
FELT?

=====