This week's encounters with Well Temperament

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

Bill Bremmer wrote:
> The Institute Committees are remarkably consistent with their attitudes as
> well, it doesn't seem to matter who it is.  If they could get rid of the idea
> entirely, they would....

I'm curious if this idea would work: Since the Institute won't provide
what you want on the subject of temperaments, perhaps some folks could
form a temperament awareness group that would have a booth at the exhibit
hall. The group could show charts of temperament intervals and could give
away CD's with excerpts of recordings in HT's. It's not a recital, but it
might be better than nothing.

Of course, not having been to a convention yet, I don't know if this would
be a good idea or not. But I'm always in favor taking matters into your
own hands when necessary.

I have certainly benefitted from people on this list discussing
temperaments, and I hope other new tuners can be similarly inspired at
conventions, on the list, or wherever.

Charles Neuman