Stage lights and tuning stability

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:21:37 -0700

Is there any way to effectively deal with stage lights on the piano in =
terms of tuning stability.  I recently tuned an S&S D prior to rehearsal =
in a new venue.  The piano was moved on stage where it was used under =
the stage lights during rehearsal.  After the rehearsal I went to check =
the tuning and noticed that the pitch had dropped by about 2-3 cents. =20

I used a Verituner for the first tuning and am confident about the =
initial pitch setting.  I have tuned many stage concerts but not had =
this happen before.  I am assuming it was the lights as I could feel =
that they were quite warm.

Is there any reasonable way to avoid or prevent this?

David Love