More dip in bass

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:04:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2002 8:36:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fordpiano@earthlink.net writes:

> Subj:Re: More dip in bass
> Date:8/15/2002 8:36:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:fordpiano@earthlink.net">fordpiano@earthlink.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>                 Phil

                   This thread is  good food for thought. I for one consider
letoff an essential part of the equation( so does every one else) that should
be added to the list below in the no. 4 spot.
     One thing I'd like to add is that I set very close let-offs. May be
closer than many factory specs because pianist like tonal control and power.
I learned this from Norm Neblett years ago. How close? 2mm in the bass ,1.5
tenor and 1 in the trebles. My blow is usually 1 3/4" in stwys. If I was
setting wider let-offs in the bass couldn't I theoretically set the dip
shallower?as escapement is happening sooner and deeper in the treble cause
it's happening later.
   Hmm Maybe I'm just getting tired. Later
       Dale