Potential Customers

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:39:33 EDT

Hi,
  I tell them a standard tuning is 80.00,or whatever you charge,like at
1st.Baptist, Erskine College or somewhere I tune for at least on a yearly
basis.( throw some names that will give clout to your buisness )Then I ask
low long has it been since it's been tuned,and I will explain the pitch
raise-option and my pricing for it.I use ballpark prices to some extent,and
explain that until I see the instrument that's all I can do.A dead key might
be a broke key,a broken string,flange unglued,bad elbow,etc...which all carry
different prices,if I only had a crytal ball. After years of experience,you
can usually guess pretty close, from conversation. If it has been years since
tuning,you know to prepare them for a pitchraise.Always ask first where they
are calling from,and throw hints to someplace,or someone you service,that
might influence them to do buisness with you.
Best,
Hazen Bannister