Water damage

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:07:52 EST

In a message dated 1/9/02 12:00:02 PM Central Standard Time,
BobDavis88@AOL.COM writes:

> Is this model, or a similar one still available, new?
> Did/ does Baldwin own Wurlitzer?
> If so, would this piano have been made in Baldwin factories, or in separate
> Baldwin-owned Wurlitzer factory?
> Any way of finding out if there is even a remote chance of finding such a
> case part as the end panel/arm?

Bob

According tot he Ancott Book, the Wurlitzter in question was made by Baldwin
in 1996, and is still in production. However, with the change over of
ownership, whether ytou can get a repalcement panel will need to be seen. You
need to call Baldwin and see what's going on.

> As I see it, the insurance company has at least five choices:
> Pay whatever it costs to replace the case end, if available.
> Pay him the replacement cost of the piano, and take the piano.
> Pay him the original cost, less depreciation, and take the piano.
> Pay him the current value, take the piano.
> Pay him a negotiated settlement for the sudden loss of current value, and
> let
> him keep the piano.
>
> What can you tell me?
> Thanks,
> Bob Davis

The insurance company will have to make the decision.  That is not something
the customer has a choice about. If you can get the replacement panel, they
will most likely have you fix the piano, since that will probably cost less
than a new piano. If the customer has replacement value insurance, then the
insurance company is obligated to pay either to repair the piano, or replace
is, which ever is cheaper. If the customer doesn't have replacement value,
then the insurance company will pay either to repair it or, give the customer
the money for the value of the piano before the water damage. In which case,
they might ask you for an appraised. But if you are also going to do the
repairs, they probably ask someone to do that.

Wim