Wim/Pitch raise experiment

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:25:03 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> I often hear the bass really come alive (reletively speaking) on some of
> these old beaters when you bring them up to pitch. It often really makes a
> large difference.
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> -

Funny how that happens quite a bit isnt it Terry ? Makes you wonder about  lot
of things when you run into one of these that just plain seem to have a whole
lot to offer.

Be that as it may, I by and large experience what our friend Bob Wilson
expresses concern about, tho there are exceptions to be sure. Despite that, and
despite my own previous skepticism towards these old type instruments, I think I
am beginning to alter my view on them. Fact is that given a bit of TLC as Joe G
points out, you can bring out quite a bit of charm lying hidden within these old
cases.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.