Varnish--Hard finish vs Soft finish

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:30:14 EST

         JD, Joe and all
        The length of all the procedures involving sound board finish on
boards would not be feasible in any kind piano production shop large or
small.  I'd go broke waiting for the soundboard finish to cure.  Most of what
I've read so far though they be merit worthy ideas are overkill and
inefficient to production the way I experience it.
    Just take a good look at an original sound board finish from any top
maker in the twenties. Runs down the side of the bridge and dust galore in
the top coats yet and never rubbed out. I never hear any one complaining
about the way the good old boys did or the sound of there instrument s
because of it.
   I think we make to much of it.

      Best---- Dale Erwin