my own Soundboard

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:04:41 -0500

Dale,
    I think I get it now. You were talking about making a straight edge
truly straight. Am I correct? For that I prefer to use a router. I know
that most folks immediately think jointer but I've had very little luck
as the ones I've been able to afford have had short beds and have left
not so straight an edge and quite a lot of snipe. Since then I have
taken to a 10' system I made from aluminum channel and a straight edge
from aluminum box to have the router follow. A commercial type of this
is made and called "Joint-a-bility" or something with very similar
spelling. I have had good success making 2 boards wind up flush with
each other over their entire length with no clamping whatsoever. I hope
this is what you were talking about. If not, I am lost.

Greg

BTW - only one "g" at each end.

--
Greg Newell