Dampp Chaser LEDS

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:58:08 -0500

Hello Roger,

What kind of costs are we talking about? I was thinking that maybe an
electronic repair shop could do the work locally. Would that void the
warranty? Since this is a college business, I have to give them an estimate
BEFORE I take any actions. Since they have over 15 systems installed and
they have a person responsible for watering the units, they might just keep
things as they are (being that these pianos would be visually inspected for
the water lever at the same time the others would be watered). I don't like
this solution, but if they won't spend the money...

Also, I have another of the old watering blinking light that is not working.
Is it usually the bulb that dies or does it have anything to do with the
Humidistat?

Thanks for your help.

Marcel
  rg [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Roger Wheelock
  Sent: 16 janvier, 2002 11:18
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: RE: Dampp Chaser LEDS

  Hello Marcel,

  You are correct in that the H3 Humidistat requires removal when there is a
problem with the LED panel.  When we introduced the H3, a more sophisticated
design required more connections between the lights and the Humidistat.  We
could not find and still can't find a connector that has the reliability and
low failure rate necessary for us to place such a unit under our 5-year
warranty.  We do not want to sacrifice reliability simply to achieve easier
removal of the light panel and probes.

  With this in mind we can repair the unit here at the factory for a nominal
charge.  Since you are in Canada this would be time consuming.  I can likely
arrange for some sort of exchange that would better meet your needs if you
would contact me directly at roger@dampp-chaser.com.

  Sincerely,

  Roger Wheelock, VP
  Dampp-Chaser Corp.