Painted String Rendering

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:07:17 -0500

OK, fair enough, you may well be right, the strings are pretty rusty.

> I mean to do a couple more strings, leaving the agraffes alone, and a =
couple more agraffes leaving the original strings in place, to try to =
isolate the biggest contributor to the improvement, but haven't gotten =
around to it.

May be a good learning experience, but I think the bottom line is when =
restringing, either recondition (I have and use the reamer from =
Pianotek) or replace the agraffes (I just replace usually) - don't just =
leave them there and slop some gold paint on them (like what I always =
have seen done).
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20