viewing pictures in digest or archives

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:55:02 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Michael wrote:
> When copying the code, be sure to include the header.
> That is the bit of info above all the garbage. It usually
> starts with a line like - --Boundary_(ID_uH1+TZ9 etc.....

I reported before that I had to NOT include the header. It turns out I
either have to include the full header, e.g.

- ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C199F9.C5B5B190
filename="Torres del Paine.jpg"

or none at all. One of the other programs worked without that first line,
but this one wants it to be there.

So now we have lots of options. The one at
http://members.aol.com/decodemime/
is nice because it puts a tool in your context menu (i.e. the menu that
appears when you right click something) which allows you to decode it
swiftly. The ".uue" option is nice because many people already have it,
and the shareware one is nice because you can drag and drop and it has
some nice features.

Charles