The Verituner, an opinion from a user in Holland

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:42:19 +0100

Dear colleagues,

I have not been a subscriber to Pianotech for some time now (I have been
extremely busy in the last year) and somebody told me about the recent
Verituner posts on this list.
I am a Verituner user myself and curious by nature, so I surfed to the
archive to read the last mails about this subject and, subscribed again.

Maybe it would be correct to tell you that I have used the Verituner for
almost a year now and that, to this day, I am extremely happy with it.
>From day one I noticed that un-tunable instruments suddenly began to sound
like real pianos and that beautiful pianos sounded so incredibly even and
harmonious that it soon became more than clear to me that only the very best
aural tuners would be able to get the same result (and certainly not within
the 45 minutes I need).
I tell you this because I can simply not understand how anybody with real
knowledge about this miracle machine, can have anything against it.
Sure, I read  the complaints about the way it looks, about the weight and
about the over-pull capacities, but how about the - unsurpassed - final
result?

I live in Amsterdam, in Holland, and Holland happens to be a country where
the Verituner has become rather popular in a very short time.
Some new users, indeed, have made a few remarks (on the Dutch piano forum)
about their Verituner, and they were basically the same as the ones I read
in the archives : a little bulky and the way it looks.
But they all are very happy and very enthusiastic VT-tuners because they are
aware that this machine is a true revolution in tuning machine-land.

I myself have, for a fairly long time, used a Yamaha PT-100, so I have
become used to that kind of weight and volume in my tool back.
The size of the verituner therefor is no real obstacle to me. The way it
looks? sure.. it definitely could be more sleek and cool looking.
But we must not forget that the verituner, with its wonderful possibilities,
is at the same time reasonably new on the market and in its early stages of
development.
I am certain that the makers (technicians themselves) are aware of what
piano tuners/techs want (and they are, because there is a Verituner forum
where new ideas are being posted continually by VT-users) and, because of
the highly inspirational atmosphere there, I am sure that we can expect more
exciting developments in the near future.

At the same time, I am more than content with my fantastic tuning aid and I
am also aware from experience that most industrial products change and
develop very fast (depending on the market).
It is the same with my car ; I could wait till doomsday for the very last
new development but at the same time I need one right now, so I choose a
model and (luckily enough) I am happy with it, knowing that the next model
is always 'more and better'.

Let me just make clear to you that I don't earn one Euro, nor a penny, with
this e-mail and that I am certainly not against any other really nice tuning
machine (and there are those, and tastes always vary from person to person).

What is most important to me is the final the result : a perfect electronic
ear.
That - is truly remarkable and that earns some respect.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland