verituner corrections/ pitch raises

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:06:43 EST

In a message dated 1/22/02 3:18:27 PM, drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:

<<From what I've heard, people unhappy with the pitch-raise function have all
used RCT first. >>

Count me in that group.  Although I have never tried the Verituner, I have
seen the screen display for pitch raise mode and it seems primitive.  So much
of my work involves pitch raises.  I can't bring myself to spend that much
time with that needle display (in pitch raise mode).  Also I can't imagine
that I could target in as accurately as I do in RCT's pitch raise mode.  You
can argue that one doesn't have to come that close in a pitch raise pass, and
in reality I don't try to stop the RCT's spinning wheel in pitch raise mode,
but I can still see exactly how close I am, quickly and easily, and if I
wanted to, I could get it right on the money.  I think this helps to make my
pitch-raised tuning more stable, so this is a concern of mine.

I will admit that my priorities are out of order here, but I confess to enjoy
the RCT's color screen display, the spinning wheel, the blush;  it's
intuitive, it's practical, and I can, and do, spend hours looking at it.
Although I have to listen critically when tuning with RCT, whereas perhaps
with VT I could just follow the screen, I would personally find the VT a more
viable alternative if it had a more interesting visual display.  LCDs screens
were state-of-the-art in the 70's.

Just my feelings on the subject,
Tom Sivak