pin comparisons

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:14:34 EST

In a message dated 25/01/02 11:50:24 AM, A440A@AOL.COM writes:

<< Since difference as it relates to tuning is based on changing the tension
per degree of rotation, and tension/pitch relationships are functions of the
square,  I have to ask just how much difference can be found from  .0006" of
string movement, at the pin?  I don't think it would be a discernable
quantity. Others?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT

I agree with Ed that it was an overall excellent treatment of "pins" and Paul
writes very easily.......
 As for being a discernible difference between pin feel???? It 'might' be
"discernable" but you would have to try awfulllll hard and that effort so
spent would be better placed in working your tuning to a finer point......
but that is just my opinion added to Ed's.
Jim Bryant (FL)