lotsa dampers

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:45:36 +0100

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Today I tuned a Knight console that had dampers up to and including B6.
> I have never seen a piano with more dampers than that!
>
> Regards,
> Clyde

I know what you mean Clyde... I used to do this school district a bit north
of here, and somebody had talked them into buying about 30 of these a while
back.  Quite a tight fit for rubber mutes up towards the top. Never did
hear what the official reasoning for this breach of tradition was.

Did yours have those synthetic tuning pin bushings that feel sort of
rubbery ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.