convention sites (campuses)

DBee840388@AOL.COM DBee840388@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:53:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/02 1:03:26 PM Central Daylight Time, sckline@attbi.com
writes:

> I was thinking more of a modest little college somewhere,
> with cheap eating places aimed at students, a small enough
> campus that everything is within walking distance, and
> air conditioning, which isn't that rare in warm climates.
> The University of Texas, which is anything but little and
> has its own summer sessions, was air-conditioned to the hilt
> back when I attended it (in the 70's.) Little campuses get
> pleasantly laid back in the summer. I agree that air conditioning
> in the dorms is needed in July. Maybe some form of transportation
> could be arranged for those who have trouble walking. Certainly
> that would be no harder than moving grand pianos several
> times a day!

Joel Jones, currently one of our Ass't Institute Directors, was instrumental,
if not the lead man, at a weekend seminar at the University of Wisconsin in
Madison several years ago.  They had very nice teaching rooms and dorms at
their conference center which would probably be too small to handle our
crowd.  The campus is very pretty and situated on a beautiful lake with room
cost at that time about $43.00, if I remember correctly.  I, too, think this
idea is well worth the time and effort for further investigation.  The big
hotels, while pleasant with all the amenities, certainly can eat up the $.

Don Bee, RPT
Chicago Chapter