Advice needed on Bechstein Concert Grand

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:03:02 +0200

 David Love wrote:

>Why does this problem require Stanwood???  No offense to David, I have the
>greatest respect for his contributions.  But the concepts aren't voodoo or
>witchcraft.

Nobody said it they were.

>I'm not even sure how you come to that conclusion given the
>descriptions of the problems with this particular piano.  The action is too
>light probably with low inertia.

You accuse me of jumping to conclusions and then make this whopper in the next
sentence ???

> Given the limitations of the budget (work
>must be accomplished in one day), and everything else needed, addressing
>the
>weight issue will not probably be possible.  You could add some clips to
>the
>shanks to increase the strike weight a bit, and it would be easy to undue
>if
>this criticism was the particular taste of this pianist.  But the piano
>would probably be best served by Roger's suggestions, or by Joe's which was
>to give them the Steinway.
>
>David Love

Before jumping all over me Dave... you might read what was written. I simply
said it would be interesting to see the results of such a proceedure,
especially given some recent discussions. I didnt get into any costs analysis,
time discussions, or feasablitiy studies... I even directly suggested it was
perhaps an unlikely route. I also avoided (deliberatly) offering this comment
as advice per se.

shhesssh.

RicB.

Richard Brekne