O.T. 'The Competition"

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:29:58 -0400

From: David Renaud
Perhaps it's a trick pin, windings running in the
wrong directon. Pins with counterclockwise theads,
custom built, for you, very special price.
                                    Cheers :)
                                    Dave Renaud

From: Greg Torres
In this very same movie Richard Dreyfus throws a fit about the 'voicing' on
one particular piano he is playing...but the note is simply WAY out of
tune...I guess Hollywood figured no one could tell the difference between
voicing and a really bad unison...and sadly, for the most part they are
right...

Best,
Greg Torres

+ + + + +
Who says Hollywood knows anything about how pianos are put together or how
they are serviced?  For all we know the people who created these scenes
don't know which way a tuning pin turns or the difference between tuning and
voicing.  Perhaps they don't even care to know because it might interfere
with their ideas of how it should appear in the scenes described here.
(Strange, considering the current obsession with "reality-based" programming
....)

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net