removing a plate by myself

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:03:54 -0700

Sorry guys... they're NOT called "cherry pickers". A "cherry picker" is one
of the things you see the phone or electric repair guys using to get to the
high tension wires up the utility poles. You CAN rent them, but unless you
have to hoist the plate over a house, I don't see where they'd help. What
you have been talking about here is called an "engine hoist".

Just my two cents worth...

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 7:39 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: removing a plate by myself

Wim,
Very inventive. As Charles Neuman said, possibly a bit scary, neat solution.
I'll be interested to hear how the project goes. <G>
As for Charles question, re. the "cherry picker", I used one several years
ago and it was just the ticket for a one time situation. There are
collapsible types that store better as well. Because my shop is so small, I
would never have the room to store it, although I like the ability to pull
the plate and just roll the whole thing out of the way w/plate attached.
Best regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Happy Monday!