"PTG convention is focuse on teaching...."/Dale Probst

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:25:43 -0700

Dale,
You're preaching to the choir here. If you feel stongly about the fact that
the Instructors are not properly compensated, Tell It To: The President,
Vice President, Sec/Treas./The Board/The Institute Committee and anyone else
that I've left out, that might have some influence in that matter! I tried.
And like I said, I did get them to change some policies, but IMHO, it aint
enough!
As you may well know, I have been one of the "Instructors". Did I feel put
upon, for a lack of REAL compensation. Not One Damned Bit! But, it would
have been nice to have been compensated a bit better. And fairly, I might
add. The present policies are archaic and not balanced. If you are a regular
Instructor, you get one nights hotel room paid for, for one class period
taught, each day. If you teach two classes in the same day, you still, only
get one night's hotel paid. If you tutor, (which the tutee has to pay for,
extra), you get zip!
If you are involved in the "Hands On" sessions, (which you have to pay extra
for), you get zip!
Getting the picture?
The Institute Manual has been devised/revised by the good old boys and it
sucks, IMHO!
And, while I'm on this rant: Any profit, (and there is almost always a
sizeable one), does not go to the Instructors, who made the Convention what
it is, but rather goes into the "General Fund" that is used for frivolous
crap most of the time. An example of "frivolous crap": That STUPID LOGO and
what it cost to design/devise, etc!!!!!!
Enough of the rant. If I have offended anyone, my apologies.
But, the truth is the truth and I don't like it one damned bit, speaking as
a member first and an Instructor second.
Will I teach, if asked? You betcha! It is a privilege and an honor to teach,
at any level of PTG. I got my education from those who went before me and I
hope to pass that along. It is, as you know, the essence of PTG.
Respectfully,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Squares Need Love Too!<G>