old leads

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:54:57 EDT

>  Is there any use for the lead key weights?
> If not, what is the best way to get rid of them?

    Lead is toxic.  Reusing them is problematic, you have a lead exposure
problem unless you store them tightly, and even then, they are lopsided and
less likely to fit the holes you may need to drill.
   I take mine to the gun store, where the reloaders that make their own
bullets use them. These are usually destined for the gun range, which is
already thoroughly polluted.
If you throw them away, they simply go somewhere else to poison things.
Regards,
Ed Foote