Belarus

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:22:19 -0500

new instrument as an appropriate repair for a NEW piano that will not =
hold a tune?  Thanks

Roy Ulrich
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 5:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Belarus

  In a message dated 6/5/02 5:21:01 PM Central Daylight Time, =
ulrich@rangenet.com writes:=20

    I've been tuning and restoring for 17 years and never had a =
situation like this come up. Your thoughts will in all probability be =
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!=20

    Roy Ulrich=20

  Roy.=20

  This may seem harsh, but your job is to tune pianos, not to negotiate =
conflicts between customers and dealers. Unless the customer asks you to =
intervene on her behalf, (and pays you to do it), I would suggest you =
stay away from any dealings between the customer and the dealer. Let the =
dealer send someone else to "fix" the problem. If the customer is =
satisfied with the results, that is her "problem." If she is still =
dissatisfied, it is her responsibility to do something else about it.=20

  Again, this might seem harsh, and I know it is very tempting to step =
in and help your customers. But unfortunately, it is not part of our job =
description. (again, unless she specifically asks you to help her).=20

  Wim=20