Belarus

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:42:00 EDT

ulrich@rangenet.com writes:

> I've been tuning and restoring for 17 years and never had a situation like
> this come up. Your thoughts will in all probability be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Roy Ulrich

Roy.

This may seem harsh, but your job is to tune pianos, not to negotiate
conflicts between customers and dealers. Unless the customer asks you to
intervene on her behalf, (and pays you to do it), I would suggest you stay
away from any dealings between the customer and the dealer. Let the dealer
send someone else to "fix" the problem. If the customer is satisfied with the
results, that is her "problem." If she is still dissatisfied, it is her
responsibility to do something else about it.

Again, this might seem harsh, and I know it is very tempting to step in and
help your customers. But unfortunately, it is not part of our job
description. (again, unless she specifically asks you to help her).

Wim