Tuning Complaint - Help!

Matt Wynne ptuner@optonline.net
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:54:45 -0400

Terry, I always return to the house when I get a callback, whether its a
note sticking, or when stuff sounds weird.  A piano you're not familiar
with may slip out of tune and unless you know the work of the person who
was there 3 weeks ago (if, in fact it wasn't 3 months ago), you can't
assume that they did proper work.

Sometimes, if a customer "hears" differently than I do, I'll adjust the
"offending" notes until they say it sounds right, even if I disagree.  This
may have happened once or twice in my career.  It's all about making the
customer happy - you never know where referral work will come from.  Even
showing up will go a long way in the customer's eyes.

Have fun

-Matt W.