theRe: need more info in the journal

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:43:22 EDT

dnereson@dimensional.com writes:

> I can find out about insurance, how
> to deal with people on the phone, or how to build a business in other
> publications elsewhere.

All the technical knowledge in the world won't make you any money of you
don't have good people skills, know how to keep you books, or know how to
deal with customers on the phone. It has been said many times that a
technician with lousy skills, but with a great personality, can make twice as
much money as someone who has great skills, but has a lousy personality.
Spending money on the right insurance, knowing what phone companies offer the
best rates, and advice on  computer programs, are part of our business. I am
not saying technical skills aren't important. But don't ignore these other
skills either.

Wim