Practical Action Geometry Question??

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:33:27 EDT

.           Brian

         It seems like the possibilitys for geometry error in this case is
could be endless. It sounds to me that you've installed a wippen that is
designed to fit a 17 or 18  mm knucle placement and are still using a shorter
knuckled shank. I'll bet the jack had to be regulated closer towards the
player and the angle of jack to knuckle is at a less than ideal angle. This
could be why the jack is slamming into the cushion. There is just not enough
room for the jack to travel. With limited info this is my first thought.
  What kind of action/brand are we discussing? I believe 4 1/2" is longer
than most yamaha and Kawai. I think the correct spread is 112.5mm which is
shorter than 4 /12". Try moving the wippen rail forward then adjust the jack
farther back and see how this effects clearance, weight and reg.